Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Just when I thought I was out...

Just when I thought I can take next year off from the Los Angeles Marathon to run a different race, the organizers go ahead and change the course forcing me to do the race again. The marathon route, I think, is terrific. Not only is it downhill, but it will also showcase more of the city. It will run through some of my favorite parts, from Hollywood to Los Feliz to Koreatown to Hancock Park, even to USC. I'm sure the hipsters who live in Los Feliz will be annoyed on marathon morning, but at least the new course doesn't trap anyone inside the course like it used to. I lived in an apartment in Koreatown for a few years and every marathon morning I couldn't go anywhere. The marathon route wrapped around my neighborhood so that I couldn't drive anywhere. At least I got to see the runners pass by.

So, it looks like I have plans in place for March 4, 2007.

No comments: