Thursday, June 19, 2008

When You Wake Up Feeling Old

It was odd. I've been using the same password at work for the last six months to log on to my work computer, but as soon as I sat in front of the computer today, I knew I had forgotten it. I recalled how it began but the numbers that comprised it just went away. I tried various combinations. I tried letting my fingers remember the key strokes. I tried listing the possible combinations. I even took a break and bought a cup of yogurt with granola and strawberries hoping that food will help me remember. The yogurt was delicious but it didn't help. I finally gave up and called our IT guy who was able to give me the password.

The sad thing was that I was nowhere close to the number. I was using three digits when it was actually four. What happened? It's a little scary, actually. Did I get bonked on the head? Was a section of my memory erased? Maybe I'm just getting old.

No comments: