Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Seattle Rock N Roll Marathon Splits

Who knows when I'll have a chance to post a full race report about the Inaugural Seattle Rock N Roll Marathon? The race turned out a little better than I expected as I posted my second best marathon time, beating my 2007 Los Angeles Marathon time by about a minute. My chip time was 3:53:24. I hadn't trained very well for this race, but I did get in a substantial amount of miles, including a 20 miler three weeks before the race. The quality of my workouts probably left a lot to be desired.

The pace looks to have been pretty even. I wish I had managed a negative split, but it looks like I slowed down slightly in the second half. It was a beautiful course but also a tough one. Rolling hills. All in all, though, it was quite a race. I'd definitely consider doing this again if only to have another opportunity to visit Seattle.


Sameer said...

you failed to mention your dramatic collapse.

home exchange said...

Seatle rock and roll marathon?? That sounds amazing! Tell us more!! Great post and congratulations! :-)

Janey Jane said...

yah how come you left out the most interesting part??!