Thursday, February 28, 2008

New York Times Wedding Announcement of the Week

This week's couple survived a months-long separation as the groom worked in Europe.

Lili Monowitz and John Lampasona


It appears that the two of them come from different worlds. For one thing her last name is Monowitz, his is Lampasona. Her father was an executive at Revlon, his father is the assistant superintendent of the mechanical department for New York for New Jersey Transit Rail Operations. Yet they found love.

What really grabbed me is the description of Mr. Lampasona's attempt at getting the approval of her parents to propose. According to the announcement, the Monowitzes were "having cocktails and hors d’oeuvres." I never realized people had hors d'oeuvres outside of parties and formal dinners. Maybe next time I'm enjoying a bag of Doritos and a pint of beer I'll tell people that I'm actually having cocktails and hors d'oeuvres.

No comments: