Monday, May 11, 2009

05.11.2009 - 10.3 Miles

I let my inherent laziness have the best of me yesterday by opting to sleep in until 11 am instead of running. Feeling guilty, I punished myself today by getting up at 6am to go for a 10.3 mile run. The route map can be found here. I basically ran from my front door to Wilshire to La Cienega. I headed north on La Cienega and turned east on Beverly. La Cienega and Beverly marked the 5 mile mark. From there, I took the usual route back home by turning south on Larchmont, east on 4th, then back on Western to Oxford. I completed the route in about 1:32, which was faster than I expected. I wasn't feeling all that great in the beginning, nor did I feel all that great the rest of the run. It just goes to show you never know. I didn't take any scheduled walk breaks apart from stop lights, which were fewer than expected.

I'm not going to make a habit of running early on weekday mornings, but it's not a bad way to start the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're a better man than I am. Although, I am a more well rested man than you are.

FJ