Monday, December 17, 2007

"Met my old lover in the grocery store..."

Dan Fogelberg passed away over the weekend. He's responsible for "Same Old Lang Syne," my favorite holiday song that isn't really about Christmas or the holidays--a secular holiday pop song, if you will. The only one that probably compares to it, a song that gives me the warm and fuzzies this time of year is Kenny Loggins's "Celebrate Me Home." It must be a great feeling to know you've written a perennial like "Same Old Lang Syne." It's not quite Christmas unless I listen to the song. Thanks, Dan!

The beer was empty and our tongues were tired
And running out of things to say
She gave a kiss to me as I got out
And I watched her drive away.

Just for a moment I was back at school
And felt that old familiar pain
And as I turned to make my way back home
The snow turned into rain

No comments: