1. Brooke White - She doesn't have the most conventional voice for a female Idol, but she knows how to wield it. She wasn't just covering a Beatles song, she was interpreting it.
2. Chikezie - He surprised me. He has been dull so far, but this was a breakout, joyous performance.
3. Carly - She's a pro and it shows. Just a very solid singer in full control of her voice.
4. David Cook - He's growing confident with a second straight strong performance, but I have a feeling he'll cross over into cockiness in no time. Leave the microphone stand alone. It can stand by itself.
5. Michael Johns - The judges expect a lot from him. He was shaky in the beginning, but he had a strong moment in the middle.
6. Amanda Overmyer - Surprisingly good. Her voice verges on screechy, but it was under control tonight.
7. Syesha - Weak beginning, but it settled in the middle and through the end. Not memorable, though.
8. Jason Castro - He's dull. Pretty enough voice but being given too much credit. He's essentially the Jack Johnson of this group. Good enough, but tiresome in its mellowness.
9. Ramiele - Dull tonight. Perhaps listening to too much Filipino pop music as it shows in her [i]maarte[/i] vocals.
10. David Archuleta - I love the kid, but he had a rough night tonight. Nerves got the best of him and stumbled. Apart from that he was actually decent, but this wasn't his best moment.
11. Kristy Lee Cook - I thought her vocals were OK. I blame the band and the arrangement. It went extreme. Even if the band had been better, there's no disguising her forgettable voice.
12. David Hernandez - Not playing up to his strengths. I was tired of it within the first few seconds.
I rarely call in to vote, but tonight, I felt so bad for David A. that I actually called in a couple--alright, a few--times tonight for him, and I'm sure quite a few others did too. Anyone who doesn't like him must hate puppies.