Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Pacific Shoreline Splits

Here are the mile splits from this weekend's half marathon based on my trusty Timex Ironman watch:

Mile 1: 7:48
Mile 2: 7:45
Mile 3: 7:44
Mile 4: 7:38 fastest mile
Mile 5: 8:04 I started taking walk breaks
Mile 6: 8:08
Mile 7: 8:05
Mile 8: 8:13
Mile 9: 8:26 slowest mile
Mile 10: 7:59 second wind
Mile 11: 10:23 the mile marker was misplaced. See mile 12
Mile 12: 5:20 See mile 11. Average between the two is roughly 7:51
Mile 13.1: 8:20

Official time: 1:43:48

Looking at it now, I'm very proud of my performance. It's the first long race I've done with no times above 9 minutes/mile, and to have my worst mile be an 8:26 is none too shabby. I'm shocked at the four straight miles in the beginning at sub 8 min/mile. It helped that it was a slight downhill and the wave start made for an effortless beginning. And, actually, it may turn out that my fastest mile is the last mile. Since I don't have a more precise time, I'll go with mile 4 as the fastest, but based on my calculations, I averaged a 7:35 during mile 13.1. How about that!

As for my IT band/knee, I haven't run on it, but it actually feels fine. I do feel something depending on the movement but it's not pain, and what I'm feeling might just be a result of the massaging I've been doing on the leg. My left leg has been beat up with my kneading and use of a foam roller. I'll skip the speed workout tomorrow and maybe just walk or jog. Better safe than sorry, I say. I'll try to run on it on Thursday. The 20 miler on Saturday is still debatable. I might still run it but at a slower pace and I'll stop if I feel anything.

No comments: