Wednesday, January 23, 2008

New York Times Wedding Announcement of the Week

I'm always puzzled when an announcement is accompanied by a picture of only one half of the couple, usually the bride.

Stephanie Patterson and Robert Brown


I don't think they should bother including a picture if it's not both the bride and groom. It's not the way a marriage should start. It isn't just the bride getting married--they both are. Besides, if you're going to be in the New York Times you both should be seen. Ms. Patterson is quite fetching but as a reader, I want to see what Mr. Brown looks like. Let's face it, part of the fun is seeing if they make for a lovely couple. Shallow but true. There's nothing about Mr. Brown's occupation that precludes him from being photographed. If he was a spy I would understand.

So, add solitary photographs to my list of pet peeves with regards to wedding announcements.

No comments: