Tuesday, June 28, 2005

06.27.2005: 5 Miles

Distance: 5 miles
Time: 42:28
Location: Pasadena, CA
Notes: The last Nike Run for this series. Kiley and I ran together in what was supposed to be the 10-10:30 minute/mile group, but we were overachievers. Our pace wound up to be 8:30/mile. We felt good, though.

Also, I bought a new pair of shoes this weekend. It was time to retire the Brooks I've been wearing for eight months. After practice on Saturday, I swung by Run With Us and bought a pair of Asics Gel Foundation VI. I tried on three pairs, including the same Brooks shoes that have served me well, but the Asics just felt light and comfortable. The others also felt great, but the Asics felt slightly better. Besides, there's nothing wrong with change. The shoes felt fine today, but I'll need to get accustomed to them. I think I offended the Nike people tonight when they asked me to try on their shoes and I declined. I told them I wanted to break in my new shoes. The guy looked down and frowned when he saw the Asics.

Tomorrow: the first hill training!

No comments: