Wednesday, September 21, 2005

09.20.2005: Track Training

Distance: 7.5 miles (30 laps)
Location: Arcadia High School
Notes: Good track training tonight. I felt good, and Kiley and I hit our mark almost all the time. This is the penultimate track workout, and in four weeks it's my race. After practice Coach Katie and Sarah Jane were praising my running stride and giving me suggestions that would improve my running style. They said I cross my arms over too much, but according to Coach Katie, that may be a product of my pectorals being better developed than my back muscles. She also said that changing my arm movements probably would have little effect. The main thing is that I already limit my upper body movements and I maintain an upright posture. It's good to hear that I run efficiently. Hopefully it can help me run a stronger race.

No comments: