Wednesday, September 21, 2005

09.21.2005: Claremont

Distance: 5 miles
Time: 50:22
Location: Claremont Wilderness Park
# of Snakes Encountered: Zero
Notes: For the first time in weeks I encountered no snakes out on the trails today. I was warned by a biker that there were "baby snakes" up ahead, but I didn't see them. One of these days I'm going to get bit because I'm not going to see one before it's too late. The run itself was OK. Not as fast as last week. I do think the clockwise route may be the easier route, though, not by much. I believe today was the second-fastest time for me on the course.

After the run, I headed out to Arcadia for the Team in Training info meeting. Not a huge turnout but we managed to sign a few people up. Coach Katie brought her kids, and after the meeting, they attacked me with crayons. They're cute kids, but quite a handful. My new Decemberists shirt was dotted with re and blue crayons. Will it ever be clean?

No comments: