Sunday, September 04, 2005

09.03.2005: 18 miles

Distance: 18 miles
Time: 3:01
Calories Consumed: Several hundred. I had yogurt and a bottle of Starbucks Vanilla Frappuccino just before the run. During the run, I had an PowerGel. Afterwards, I celebrated the completion of 18 miles by consuming five or six Jell-O Pudding Pops. I had not had Jell-O Pudding Pops since my high school days. I've forgotten how good those damn things were. I also had a venti caramel Frappuccino in the afternoon, a couple of beers at the barbecue, along with several hot dogs and hamburgers. In other words, I pigged out.
Notes: The run, in retrospect, went well. The legs, of course, felt heavy, but I didn't feel exhausted and weary during the run, but I did have to overcome several obstacles, primarily something that necessitated a trip to the men's room. To my credit, I anticipated the danger and packed a napkin in my pocket just in case I had to visit the woods, which I had to do last year during a 10 mile run. That time I didn't have the foresight to pack a napkin. I didn't have to use the napkin or visit the woods because the attack occurred while I was close by the golf course and its public restrooms. What a relief? I made it through the rest of the run without an emergency, but on the way to the car another attack came. Again, I was nearby a public restroom. I hope it wasn't anything I ate.

After the run, FJ cornered me and asked if I was seeing anyone. He's thinking of setting me up with another writer on his show. Who knew that Team in Training was also a dating service?

No comments: