Friday, March 17, 2006

walking a little funny

I've developed a pain on my foot. I've had it before and went away after a few days. I thought it might be plantar fasciatis because it's worse in the morning and goes away as I walk around a bit. However, doesn't P.S. run down the middle of your foot from heel to toe? The pain is only on the ball of my foot. I still intend to run on Sunday, but I might be less comfortable than I'd like.

The good news is that the weather is cooperating. We have showers today and tomorrow, but Sunday ought to be cool and partly cloudy. I'm still not nervous. I feel like I ought to be, but maybe it's quickly becoming old hat. The plan is to run an easy first half in around two hours, hopefully just a bit under. I'll then pick up the pace from miles 13.1 through 20. I'll stop taking walk breaks after mile 20 and try to run a 10K pace for the remainder. Again, it's a plan. We'll see how well I stick to it on Sunday.

I took a two-hour lunch and picked up my bib. I would have liked to walk around a little more, but it's just as well. I need to get off my feet and get back to work. I did buy a hat for $8 just in case it rains and to block out the sun. Look for me. I'm #3175.

No comments: