Friday, May 30, 2008

2 Days Until San Diego!

I had hoped to get in two more runs this week before the marathon, but that didn't turn out so well. Going into Sunday's race, my last run was Monday. In the two weeks leading into the race, I've run twice for a total of 14 miles. Not the best way to head into a marathon. I suppose I needed to lay off my feet anyway with my IT band issues. We shall see how it holds up.

If that wasn't enough, I'm also not preparing for this race very well. Tonight, when I should be trying to get plenty of sleep, I'll be traipsing around Topanga State Park counting grasshoppers as part of National Geographic's BioBlitz. It sounded like fun, so I couldn't very well turn it down. Thankfully we'll be done by midnight. My bedtime tends to be 1 or 2am anyway. I plan on sleeping in until 10, and head off for the drive to San Diego.

I had planned to stay two nights in San Diego, but I changed that to one. I'll drive back after the race. I hope I don't regret that decision!

When I get back I'll probably be craving steak, lots of sleep and a good massage.

Goal time: 3:45

No comments: