Monday, October 31, 2005

it's late and i'm still awake

The pictures from the Nike Marathon are up!

Me and Coach Katie at mile 25


I love the picture above Coach Katie and I. I had just passed the 25th mile and took one, last, short walkbreak for a sip of Gatorade. I just look so exhausted. Katie was a tremendous help. She got me to the finish line faster than I probably would have on my own.

Hill


Compared to the first picture, I look fresh and strong on this picture. This was mile 6, ascending the big hill. I wish I was like this the whole race.

Nike Women's Marathon 1


At least I had enough left to sprint to the finish.

I took all of last week off from running. I finally ran again Saturday morning, an easy 3-miler with the spring team. There's no rest for the weary. I'm transitioning from one season to the next training for the LA Marathon in March 2006. I took the run easily. I don't want to injure anything. Jimmy actually told us to walk 3 miles, but I didn't hear it, or at least chose not to hear it. I may hike the Claremont trail this week instead of running it. I'm growing listless not running.

On an unrelated, non-running note, I went to see Jens Lekman at Spaceland on Friday night. Great show, plus I had three pints of Newcastle, something I've had a thirst for a while.

Tomorrow I have to lead class discussion on Moby-Dick. Wish me luck.

No comments: