Monday, November 28, 2005

Back in the saddle again

Distance: 8 miles
Time: 1:22
Location: Rose Bowl
Notes: For the last couple of weeks I've been trying to get back into a regular, diligent running schedule. School and daylight savings time has made it hard to get runs in. I'm hoping that this weekend's 8 miler marked a brand new start. It was my longest run in over a month, the longest since the marathon. I squeezed a couple of six milers, but lately it has been about 4 miles. I felt great. I ran with Gina, who has improved incredibly since she started last year. She even got third for her age division at the Turkey Trot by running it in 24 minutes and change.

Gina struggled a bit with the faster pace, and even with a short bathroom break, we managed to get in a little above 10 minutes per mile. Running with her also made me realize how much I had progressed. I wasn't huffing and puffing at all. The goal now is to be able to run comfortably at a faster clip. I'll talk to Jimmy about training to run a sub 4 hour marathon. This shouldn't be a big problem and competely within reach. I just have to run 21 minutes faster. Yeah, that's it.

I'll definitely get runs in on Tuesday (track training) and Wednesday (hill training #1). Since we'll be running 10 miles on Saturday, I'll squeeze in an easy run on Thursday night.

Tengo hambre.

No comments: