Friday, November 25, 2005

Turkey Trots

I wound up running two Turkey Trots this week. The one on Sunday at Puente Hills was pre-planned. The entire TNT team ran that one. Then I found out about a Turkey Trot in La Canada-Flintridge on Thanksgiving day. I wasn't planning on running it until late Wednesday night. Here are the results.

Puente Hills 5K - 11.20.2005: 23:10
Run for the Hungry 5K - 11.24.2005: 24:16

Neither one were personal bests. I was much too tired and exhausted for the Puente Hills run, and I don't think it helped that I had been drinking for two nights before the run. The course for the second one was too tough. I really don't like 5K's. I'm not built for speed, and I hate feeling as miserable as I do during a 5K, but I would love to get closer to 21 minutes. I think it's manageable.

No comments: