Friday, February 19, 2010

Raul's Finite Playlist: February 2010

One outcome of breaking up is that I've been listening to music a lot more the last few days than I have in a long time. It seems like I'd rather be listening to music during this time than anything else, and as a result I may have discovered a correlation between my music-listening habit and my level of happiness. A couple of years ago I was devouring music, practically getting a new album every week. At the time I just thought I was a big music fan, but in fact I was probably also just lonely and music was a great escape. When I was happy I didn't need an escape, so I listened to less music. It's probably not a strong correlation. Being busy also played a part to my reduced music-listening, not to mention the fact that it's an exhausting endeavor. There's so much new music out there that it would be a full-time job to keep up.

To put this renewed interest in music to good use, I thought I'd borrow a feature from Franklin Avenue and put together a monthly music playlist. First off is a list I actually assembled a few weeks ago but only got around to burning into a CD recently for a road trip to Las Vegas. It's mostly new-ish songs mixed with a few older favorites. Somehow, either by coincidence or force, this playlist does the trick at a time like this.

February 2010
01. "Black and Milds" - Cataldo
02. "Let's Pretend We're Bunny Rabbits" - The Magnetic Fields
03. "Lust for Life" - Girls
04. "Sister" - Vetiver
05. "Blood" - The Middle East
06. "Hi-Fi Goon" - Throw Me the Statue
07. "Cousins" - Vampire Weekend
08. "I Can't Talk About It" - El Perro Del Mar
09. "Daniel" - Bat for Lashes
10. "Nobody Could Change Your Mind" - Generationals
11. "Walking on a Dream" - Empire of the Sun
12. "Blood Bank" - Bon Iver
13. "All is Love" - Karen O and the Kids
14. "To Kingdom Come" - Passion Pit
15. "When We Swam" - Thao with the Get Down Stay Down
16. "Idiot Heart" - Sunset Rubdown
17. "Fables" - The Dodos
18. "Kick Drum Heart" - Avett Brothers
19. "Put Me In Your Play" - Ferraby Lionheart
20. "Paper Planes" - M.I.A.

No comments: