Saturday, March 06, 2010

This is what I ate #4


causa del dia, originally uploaded by savemejebus.

Marisela and I met up at Mo-chica for dinner and some girl talk. I was hoping to cross off another item from Jonathan Gold's "99 Things to Eat in Los Angeles Before You Die" list, but sadly they were out of ceviche. I'll have to come back another time.

In place of the ceviche I ordered the causa del dia, which today was filled with spicy albacore. This was great. It's a very generous serving, and just about filled me up.
Arroz con mariscos
For our entree I went with the arroz con mariscos. It was fine but not the spectacular treat the causa was. Mari had the fish special, an Atlantic cod served on a quinoa risotto. What I had of it was quite good, and Mari seemed to like it a lot since she finished the whole thing--except for the skin. Apparently Mari doesn't like fish skin, which I found out when she recoiled after seeing me pop the entire thing in my mouth. She had to ask me if I was done chewing it so she can look at me again.Atlantic Cod

No comments: