Wednesday, March 03, 2010

What They Said

These days I seem to think a lot about the things that I forgot to do
And all the times I had the chance to


Talking to you girl is like long division

Life is sad
Life is a bust
All ya can do is do what you must.
You do what you must do and ya do it well


The book of love is long and boring
No one can lift the damn thing


It's a sunny September
The colours are bright here
And the birds sing of beautiful places
While you are just ringing in my ear


and that's not all
ooh-ooh, there will be snacks there will
there will be snacks, there will be snacks.


All these people drinking lover's spit
They sit around and clean their face with it


And we'll collect the moments one by one
I guess that's how the future's done


And I thought you were the moon in the sky,
but it turned out you were just a streetlight.


My chosen one,
Why look at me?
Why wake me up
After bad dreams?
Why lie beside me?
Why lovely eyes?
Why lovely sides?
Why you?


Oh no, God damn
I missed the last tram
I killed the party again
God damn, God damn


All the other girls here are stars-you are the Northern Lights.
They try to shine in through your curtains-you're too close and too bright.


I don't know why I'm a one man guy
Or why I'm a one man show
But these three cubic feet of bone and blood and meat are all I love and know


Are you heavy enough to make me stay
I feel like I might blow away


I'm so tired
And I wish I was the moon tonight


And your mom would stick a fork right into daddy's shoulder
And dad would throw the garbage all across the floor
As we would lay and learn what each other's bodies were for


God speed all the bakers at dawn may they all cut their thumbs,
And bleed into their buns 'till they melt away.

No comments: