Wednesday, July 06, 2005

07.04.2005: Village Runner 5K

Distance: 5K
Time: 22:44 (Official time: 23:03)*** PERSONAL RECORD
Location: Redondo Beach, CA
Notes: I set a personal record! My goal for this race was to finish under 24 minutes for the first time, and not only did I do that, I also finished under 23 minutes for good measure. I felt good throughout. My fastest mile was the second at 7:10. The last 1.1 miles was ran in approximately 7:55. I'd like to be able to improve that so that I'm not fading at the end. I just didn't have the kick at the end I would have liked. Still, I'm very happy with my performance. This beats my previous personal record of 25:05 at the Puente Hills 5K last November. I ran the time trial around the Rose Bowl in 24:38 at the beginning of this season. The next race is the Rolling Hills 10K. The goal there is to run under 50 minutes for the first time, hopefully closer to 48 minutes. I think it's possible.

After the race some of us cheered Jimmy on as he participated in the infamous Hermosa Beach Iron Man. That was one race Jimmy wasn't going to win, unfortunately.

07.06.2005: Hot Topic

Distance: 3.75 miles
Time: 35 minutes
Location: Hot Topic HQ gym (City of Industry, CA)
Notes: When I was training for the L.A. Marathon, I used the gym at work several times to get my run in during lunch. It works out fine. I run during my lunch hour and then I eat at my desk afterwards. It's quite convenient, and it prevents me from having to wait in line at 24 Hour Fitness to get on a treadmill only to be limited to 20 minutes. Very few people use the gym at work. I don't know why. It's a nice little gym with a plasma screen TV equipped with DirecTV, plus there's bottled water, towels, and a cozy and clean lockerroom with private shower stalls. Whenever I use the gym I pretend that it's my own private gym, and for at least an hour I own a plasma TV.

The run went well. I set the treadmill at 6 mph and increased it to 6.5 mph fifteen minutes into the run. I got bored while running on the treadmill. I think I'm getting spoiled with trail running. Since I'm going with Preeti to watch Pageant of the Masters tomorrow night, I'll get in my run again at the gym.

No comments: