Tuesday, July 12, 2005

07.11.2005: Back to Claremont

Distance: approx. 5 miles
Time: 53:15
Location: Claremont Wilderness Park
Notes: The first time back here in over two weeks. Tough, but good run. I began my run a little before 7, so the weather wasn't much of a factor. My legs felt sore in the beginning, but I think it's just stiffness from sitting around at work. What proved most troublesome during the run was the cut I sustained on my inside left ankle from Saturday's run. I'm not really sure how the cut came to be, but today, during the run, I must have kicked the cut at least three times. Twice at the beginning of my run, and once near the end. It hurt like a mother and it started bleeding. I'm sure the dirt I kicked up didn't help any. I didn't realize until today that I kick myself sometimes while running. That's gotta stop.

07.09.2005: 10 Miles

Distance: 10 miles
Time: approx. 1hr, 40 minutes
Location: Rose Bowl and surrounding trails
Notes: This was a most enjoyable run. I felt good throughout and wasn't at all worn out by the run. This marks the longest distance I've run since at least March. It felt great.

I've been moved up a pace group, along with FJ and Camille. We now run with Kiley and a new guy whose name I can't remember right now. Perhaps the reason I didn't feel too tired was that I had these guys to distract me. Running with others really does help alleviate the boredom that sometimes accompanies running.

Afterwards, for breakfast, it was the Farmer Scram. I was starving. I also used my free drink card at the Coffee Bean for a large Vanilla Ultimate. Too many calories to count.

No comments: