Friday, September 28, 2007

This Week in Running

Last week was not the busiest week for running. Too many events conspiring to keep me busy, so I looked at it as a much-needed rest week. I ran once on Tuesday then did 10 miles with FJ and Andy on Sunday morning. We were joined for a bit by Rachel and Sean.

This week has been more active, but the rest didn't do my legs any good. I woke up today with very sore legs after last night's run in Beverly Hills.

Here's the week in running.

09/17 - Four miles. I ran in the median along San Vicente from Ocean Park to 26th Street. It's not as easy as it looks. The ground in the median isn't all that even, so my muscles were tense a lot of the time. Add to that the slight incline towards Brentwood. I think if I run it a few more times I can get the rhythm of the course down and be more relaxed.

09/19 - Four miles with the Frontrunners. I didn't time the run, but I think I made my dash up the final hill to early because I almost pooped out--literally--near the end. I also had to miss the potluck because I had to meet my family for dinner in Pasadena. All in all a good run.

09/20 - Five miles with Club Run LA in Beverly Hills. We were fast. I didn't time it but I could feel it. It's the same course as the training runs for Run Hit Remix and many of the same people, but it was a smaller group. I'll join them in future runs. After Thursday's run I took part in the Niketown sale and bought a long sleeve dri-fit shirt and matching shorts. Can't wait to wear them

Tomorrow morning I'm meeting with FJ and Andy. I'm not sure how far we'll go. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: