Thursday, October 11, 2007

Sleepy State

I've had problems waking up the last two mornings. I should arise at 7 with enough time to iron a shirt, shower, get dressed and make it to work by 8:30. Yesterday I woke up at 7:10. Not so bad, but I wound up leisurely taking care of things. I even made myself a breakfast. I blame my sleepiness then on the late night I had. I had gone to see Avenue Q and had a late dinner, so it made me very sleep.

Today, though, I woke up at 7:45. I remember the alarm going off at 6:45 but then turning it off. Sleep was just so good! I fell asleep at 11:15--early for me--and had one of the best nights of sleep recently. The brisk cool mornings also don't help matters. Perhaps it's time for me to shut my windows.

In any event, I can't make this a habit. If only there were 25 hours in a day I wouldn't be so sleep-deprived.

* * * * *


The LA Times had a big article about the opening of the Nokia Theatre. Hopefully this isn't another Staples Center journalistic debacle. With the completion of the Nokia Theatre and the entire LA Live project in 2010, there are hopes that it will become LA's Times Square. It's quite possible, and I can envision downtown being more of an inviting place to visit in three years. It's not really gentrification, even. Unlike areas like Echo Park and Silver Lake, downtown is being "gentrified" through sheer force by civic leaders and developers. It would be interesting to see if they succeed, and I certainly hope they do.

EDIT: The Daily News has a list of events scheduled at the Nokia Theatre. Judging from the list, it will be a long time before I ever go see anything there. Anita Baker? Enrique Iglesias? Larry the Cable Guy? Lame.

No comments: