Monday, October 29, 2007

What Price Paste?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Paste Magazine is just about my favorite music magazine nowadays. I've often sat at a bookstore and read each issue cover to cover, a rare occurrence nowadays. It's a beautiful magazine to behold, too, with its nice matte cover and thorough coverage of emerging artists. In terms of discovering great new talent, Paste has been an invaluable resource.

If you love Paste like I do, prepare to love it even more.

Following Radiohead's name-your-own-price strategy, the folks at Paste are offering readers the same opportunity. For the next two weeks, readers can name their own subscription price (minimum of $1.00) and receive a year's subscription (11 issues). A regular subscription is $19.95--a great deal just for the magazine itself but when you add in the fact that each issue comes with a CD sampler, it's a steal!

I've never subscribed to Paste, but this got me to do so. It's actually a great marketing gimmick. I wound up subscribing at $16, which is only $4 less than the regular subscription.

What price are you willing to pay?

No comments: