Friday, April 13, 2007

The Past and the Pending

Last night I ventured out to Claremont to have drinks and hang out with James and Niki, classmates from grad school. It's been a while since I've been in Claremont, so the whole thing felt like a homecoming. Sure enough, old faces popped up during the evening. Our writing professor happened to be there too and we chatted for a bit. He has a novel coming out and will have some readings in SoCal. He's been on sabbatical working on his novel, which made me feel guilty because I haven't done much writing since graduating. I need a kick in the pants to get at it.

Also making an appearance was an old co-worker from HT. He left the company last summer to work for a new job. Last night he told me he got fired from that job for using company e-mail during lunch to send pictures from a partial nude modeling session he had done to co-workers and friends. He's a nice guy but not that smart. He claimed he didn't know that was inappropriate. Now he says he's working elsewhere for a little more money, so it worked out for him it seemed.

Niki just moved back to West Covina, so hopefully we'll get a chance to hang out more often, and James is just a few miles away.

When I got home I checked my e-mail and found out that two wonderful friends from TNT are moving out of state, one to Ohio the other to Colorado. So just as the past will always be there, there's always the future beckoning and with that some change.

Happy Friday the 13th. I need to do my taxes. Have you done yours?

No comments: