Sunday, April 15, 2007

Saturday Looked Good to Me

The day started with a four-mile run with FJ and Andy. It marked my first run at the Rose Bowl in three weeks. The knee felt good, and I may be able to bump up my mileage this week. Great news.

Afterwards, Jane, Audrey and I made an effort to attend the BBQ'n at the Autry event in Griffith Park but we got there a little late and got stuck in some traffic. Jane bailed before finding parking while Audrey and I made another pass and found parking.

Entrance to Autry Center

However, when we waited in line, we were told that we would have to wait another hour to get food. We were starved by then and decided to bail and satisfy our BBQ cravings elsewhere.

Options

Audrey researched our options on her Blackberry while I drove. We settled on Barn Burner since neither of us had been there and it was convenient.

Barn Burner

I ordered the pulled pork and brisket with sides of mashed sweet potatoes and cole slaw.

My Plate

The food was good and definitely worth a return visit. The sweet potatoes weren't to my liking, but next time I'll order something else.

Barn Burner Chicken

Afterwards I posed by the giant chicken in front of Barn Burner.

After dropping Audrey off, I headed to Altadena to get my free gelato at the grand opening of Bulgarini Gelato Artigianale. I waited for almost an hour, but it was worth it. I also ran into some folks I knew.

All in all, not a bad Saturday. Sunday, though, will be spent doing taxes and laundry.

No comments: